[etherlab-users] Using Etherlab on a Xenomai system

Andreas Stewering-Bone ab at igh-essen.com
Fri Jun 1 09:41:47 CEST 2012

Hello

EtherLab <= 1.3 will not run under xenomai, because it is prepared for
kernel space usage. But Xenomai has no math libraries for kernel space.
So there is no chance.

Do you have a special need to use a dual kernel system.?

If not you can use the actual devel branch of etherlab >=2.0 which uses
a preempt-rt kernel.

Best regards

Andreas

Am 31.05.2012 17:11, schrieb Dirk Castelijns:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a little bit confused about the RTAI / Xenomai compatibility of
> Etherlab. Hopefully someone
>
> can help me with this.
>
> We have a Xenomai system where we want to add EtherCAT functionality.
> For this I want to
>
> use the EtherCAT Master software and the Etherlab software together
> with Simulink RTW/Coder.
>
> Installing the EtherCAT Master software was no problem. Etherlab
> requires RTAI sources and
>
> a kernel patched for RTAI but our kernel is already patched for
> Xenomai, so is this going to work?
>
> Thanks.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Andreas Stewering-Bone

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Stewering-Bone
andreas.stewering-bone at igh-essen.com
Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-15

Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34
D-45356 Essen
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722