[etherlab-users] C++ Applications

John Erlandsson john at lunatech.se
Fri Mar 2 03:13:08 CET 2012

Hi!

I am curious as to know if there is a way of using your EtherCat master
for automation purposes, without Simulink.

What I basically want to do is: Describe the bus in a configuration
file, and assign names to the I/O.

I then want them to be imported and declared somehow in a C++ application.

Like TwinCat, but with C++ and Linux...

The reason for this is that I think it would be awesome to do industrial
automation in C++. To actually abstract machines and subclass them,
instead of reusing code snippets.

Could someone give me a dumb-ed down version of how this could be done?

Does anyone have a better idea of using the master?

Is it even a good idea to use userspace applications?

Appreciate any help.

//John