[etherlab-users] e1000e driver and kernel 3.2.31-rt47

Matthias Liermann matthias.liermann at aub.edu.lb
Wed Oct 24 15:36:26 CEST 2012

Quote Gavin Lambert:
        I tried repatching (generating a diff between the _orig and the
        _ethercat
        files, then updating the _orig to the ones from my 3.2 kernel,
        and
        reapplying the diff) but it didn't seem to fix this issue.

Dear Gavin,
if you applied the changes correctly, the e1000e driver, which is
currently in the 3.2 kernel repository is not the same as the one which
was used for the previous patching. If that is the case, hopefully a new
patch could be done in the future. Although I would suggest to use the
one provided by intel, which should work on any kernel. Why wasn't this
done before?
http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-032514.htm
At least, I had no problems compiling and installing it on a 3.2 or a
2.6.35 Kernel. Should this thread be moved into the development mailing
list?