[etherlab-users] Using both CoE and EoE in user space?

Jacob de Beer j.debeer at imotec.nl
Tue Dec 24 09:31:39 CET 2013

We are developing an application using Igh Ethercat master 1.5.2 for use
with
Beckhoff and Omron modules, using CANopen over Ethercat.
We now also want to integrate some Beckhof Ethernet switch port
terminals and
thus also need to use Ethernet over Ethercat.

The application interface function ecrt_master_callbacks needed for
concurrent
master acces between CoE en EoE to 'register' the locking mechanism
implemented
in the application seems to be only available in kernel space,
so do we understand correctly that using both CoE and EoE in an
application is
not (yet?) possible in user space?

If so, is there another solution to use both CoE and EoE without having
to write
our application as a kernel module?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,