[etherlab-users] Etherlab 2.0 installation results

V.I.Sluiter at utwente.nl V.I.Sluiter at utwente.nl
Wed Feb 13 12:26:38 CET 2013

Hello All!

I got quite a bit further, installing a new OS based on Debian with a 3.2 kernel. I used the Pengutronix repositories to make a rt-kernel, which went very smoothly.
I then installed the etherlabmaster with a generic network card interface, unfortunately 3.2-rt does not support the e1000 driver, only e1000e (PCI-express). The command line tool found all my Beckhoff modules, and kept the system RUNning for quite a while. Nice!
So far, so good, I installed MATLAB, I installed the libraries and other environments and made a small model in Simulink. Unfortunately I still have troubles compiling. First MATLAB couldn't find ecrt.h, ecrt_support.h, ecrt_support.c and pdserv.h, but I solved that by adding those resources in the 'Custom Code' of the build environment. Now I arrive at the next item that's missing, and that is 'rt_nonfinite.h' . I can only find a genrtnonfinite.tlc file on my system, but have no clue what I should do to generate a header file with TLC, or whether that's needed at all.
Below is the output of the build (also on http://pastebin.com/NZHd3Gs1):
### Starting build procedure for model: etherlab
### Generating code into build folder: /home/victor/Documents/MATLAB/etherlab/etherlab_etl_hrt
### Invoking Target Language Compiler on etherlab.rtw
### Using System Target File: /vol/opt/etherlab/src/etherlab-2.0.0/rtw/etherlab/etherlab.tlc
### Initial pass through model to cache user defined code
### Caching model source code
### Generating TLC interface API.
### Writing source file etherlab_capi.c
### Writing header file etherlab_capi.h
### Writing source file etherlab.c
.
### Writing header file etherlab.h
### Writing header file etherlab_types.h
### Writing header file rtwtypes.h
.
### Writing header file etherlab_private.h
### Writing header file rtmodel.h
### Writing source file etherlab_data.c
.
### TLC code generation complete.
### File ecrt_support.c associated with S-Function 'ec_slave3' (used in 'etherlab/EL1xxx_0') does not exist
### File ecrt_support.c associated with S-Function 'master_state' (used in 'etherlab/Master State') does not exist
### Evaluating PostCodeGenCommand specified in the model
### Generating parameter meta information: etherlab_meta.txt
.
### Processing Template Makefile: /vol/opt/etherlab/src/etherlab-2.0.0/rtw/etherlab/etherlab_hrt.tmf
### Creating etherlab.mk from /vol/opt/etherlab/src/etherlab-2.0.0/rtw/etherlab/etherlab_hrt.tmf
### Building etherlab: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2012b/bin/glnxa64/gmake -f etherlab.mk  GENERATE_REPORT=0 EXT_MODE=0 EXTMODE_STATIC_ALLOC=0 EXTMODE_STATIC_ALLOC_SIZE=1000000 EXTMODE_TRANSPORT=0 MAT_FILE=0
  CC     ecrt_support.o
  CC     etherlab_capi.o
  CC     etherlab_data.o
  CC     etherlab.o
  CC     hrt_main.o
/vol/opt/etherlab/src/etherlab-2.0.0/rtw/src/hrt_main.c:137:26: fatal error: rt_nonfinite.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
gmake: *** [hrt_main.o] Error 1
### Build procedure for model: 'etherlab' aborted due to an error.

Greetings, Victor