[etherlab-users] is it necessary to separate input and output domains even with devices with Enable notLRW: no

Dan Helmick dhelmick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 22:01:19 CET 2013

Hi

I've been, running into problems with getting several Beckhoff IO modules
with outputs to function correctly.

I just ran an experiment with an EK1828, which is a DIO module that has
both inputs and outputs.

When running code that uses a single domain for both the inputs and
outputs, the outputs do not work (ie the DIO line does not go high with an
EC_WRITE_BIT).

When running nearly identical code that splits up the domains into inputs
and outputs, both the inputs and outputs work correctly.

It was my impression (based on other posts to this list) that when Enable
notLRW: no, a single domain should work correctly for both inputs and
outputs.  Am I mistaken?  Could this be a bug in the master?

Thanks,
Dan