[etherlab-users] Accessing the EtherCAT master from 2 tasks

Asier Tamayo asier.tamayo at onaedm.com
Thu Nov 14 13:37:01 CET 2013

Hello all,

I'm a new user to the EtherCAT Master, so I beg your pardon if this question has already been answered or it is a RT*M type question. I'm using the master with Xenomai.

I want to access EtherCAT from two different tasks, each one accessing to different EtherCAT boards. Is there any way I can do it? The ecrt_request_master() function reserves the EtherCAT master for exclusive use, and therefore I can't call it again from the second task. Do I have to create a Xenomai RTDM driver that would reserve the master for itself and then let the tasks execute ioctl's to that driver? Is it possible?

Best regards,

Asier