[etherlab-users] configure: error: kernel 3.8 not available for 8139too driver!

Thomas Bitsky Jr tbj at automateddesign.com
Tue Nov 5 06:07:36 CET 2013

On 3.8, you'll need the generic driver. There's a flag to disable the 8139too driver. It's enabled by default. You'll also need to enable the generic driver. See the PDF manual for all build flags.

If you want to use a hardware driver (recommended), you'll need to drop down to an earlier kernel.

(Sent from my mobile device.)