[etherlab-users] example code

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Wed Nov 20 23:21:58 CET 2013

Another thing you can look at is the "ethercat slaves -v" command.

If you have a linear topology then the last slaves "DC system time transmission delay" value tells you how long it takes for a frame to get sent to it, so if you double the value you get the approximate round trip time.

If you have a start topology (or various mixtures) then the round trip time will be less than double this value.

Then its down to allowing for your realtime jitter and EtherCAT master processing overhead etc.

G.