[etherlab-users] Beginner motion control questions [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

LYNCH, Damien dly at ansto.gov.au
Tue Sep 10 06:27:07 CEST 2013

Hi,

We are looking into doing motion control with the EtherLab master and a terminal like the Beckhoff EL7342 DC motor output stage. We have three types of moves: 1) position relative or absolute on one axis, 2) coordinated 2-axis move which is just a circle, and 3) finding an edge.

Using the EtherLab master I am sure we can do (1), and I suspect we can do (3) using the EL7342's calibration moves (e.g. CALI_PLC_CAM). Does anyone have any advice on doing coordinated moves with the EtherLab master?

Thanks,
Damien