[etherlab-users] compile and use ethercat driver under linux 3.10.33‏

dries geentjens driesgeentjens_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:04:10 CEST 2014

Dear Ethercat users,

During my tries to get the ethercat driver working, I got stuck on two computers.

The first computer is a raspberry pi. Here, I run a ported kernel especially for raspberry pi.
My problem: I can perfectly do a "./ethercat restart". The ethercat driver stops and comes back up.
This I perfectly see with "lsmod".
Still, when I try to do "ethercat slaves" for example, the raspberry pi immediatly gives me the following line: "IOCTL() version magic difference. EtherCAT0:28 ethercat:13".
The compiling happens on the same target. I don't understand why I have this problems.

The second computer gives "Module ec_master not found. Failed".
What is saw was the fact that I don't have the "ec_master.ko" in the /lib/modules/<kernel>/ethercat.
This ethercat directory is just empty. What can be the problem for this problem?

Can somebody please get me a hand with this. I really have no clues anymore.

Kind regards,
Dries Geentjens