[etherlab-users] How to use the master code to communicate with Kollmorgen AKD drive and its motor

Sebastien BLANCHET blanchet at iram.fr
Wed Dec 10 12:45:28 CET 2014

Hi,

Kollmorgen AKD is a CoE (Can Over Ethercat) servo drive so it is better
to read the CAN user manual first.

If you have the CC version (EtherCAT + CAN) and a CAN controller, it is
worth training yourself first in CAN mode, and then apply that you learn
in EtherCAT mode.

Anyway, in both mode, you have to configure the PDO mapping with SDO
command at each startup before using the driver.
See this message for details:
http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2012/001684.html

regards
---