[etherlab-users] Version tags

Florian Pose fp at igh.de
Thu Mar 13 13:35:59 CET 2014

Hello Steve,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 04:14:10PM +0000, Steve Hartmann wrote:
> So, I think I found the answer to my question.  It appears that release tags
> are not used.  Instead, configure.ac is updated and checked in with a comment
> containing the version number.

correct. I once started to tag releases, but forgot to continue. ;-)

> Anyway, I have a followup question.  I am making modifications to the code,
> mostly to add features I want.  Is there a procedure for submitting my changes
> back to the main repository?

You are welcome. First of all, please use the stable-1.5 branch as a
base for your modifications and respect the CodingStyle.txt document in
the branch root.

If new features shall be added, it is a good idea to discuss them in the
etherlab-dev list first, to assure, that the modifications are useful
for many users and will not brake functionality used by others.

When finished, you are welcome to send patches or a mercurial bundle to the
etherlab-dev list, so that many people can test them, before I pull them
into the main repository.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org