[etherlab-users] is some one working on a debianized version of etherlab with DKMS support for the ethercat drivers

Martin Troxler martin.troxler at komaxgroup.com
Wed Nov 12 12:53:20 CET 2014

On 12.11.2014 11:26, JR Coding wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if some one is working on a debianized version of the etherlab package
> ideally with DKMS support for the ethercat driver?
>
> I just started to debianize etherlab-1.5.2 but stuck on how to configure that the
> drivers will be build by DKMS during installation of the debian package but the libraries
> are build directly during the build of the debian packages.
>
> Any advice is welcome....
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Joachim

You can use the attached package as a starting point.

        Clone / Update the required repositories

  * unpack tar (to etherlab-deb)
  * clone (or pull-update) the Etherlab repository||
    |hg clone| |http://hg.code.sf.net/p/etherlabmaster/code etherlab-master
    <http://hg.ch10.ch.komax.org/Etherlab>|
  * create the 'debian' subdirectory link
    |cd etherlab-master|
    |ln -s etherlab-deb/debian debian|

        Build the debian package files

  * edit changes info
    |debian/update-versionumber.sh|
  * change/edit build rules if required
    |gedit debian/rules|
  * build
    |debuild -b -us -uc|
    |cd ..|
  * The following files have been created:
      o etherlab-devel_${Version}_${Arch}.build
      o etherlab-devel_${Version}_${Arch}.changes
      o etherlab-config-devel_${Version}_${Arch}.deb
      o etherlab-modules-devel-dkms_${Version}_${Arch}.deb
      o libetherlab-dev-devel_${Version}_${Arch}.deb
      o libetherlab-devel_${Version}_${Arch}.deb

  * install package locally (use the just built .changes file}
    |sudo debi etherlab-devel_????.changes|

  * |cd Etherlab|
    |debuild clean|

Regards
Martin

Note:

This e-mail is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any system. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Thank You.