[etherlab-users] Redundancy support

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Fri Feb 27 05:28:20 CET 2015

Hi,

I have a question regarding support for cable redundancy in the stable-1.5
branch.

I know that it has options for enabling a "backup" network port on the PC
and connecting the end of a single chain to this port.  Presumably this is
mostly transparent to the application code (although it can query for
status)?

Does it also support redundant tree links similarly?

Eg. PC ---- SL1 --- SL2 --- SW --- SL3 --- SL4 -+

I know I've seen a diagram like this with an internal ring on a tree branch
somewhere, although I'm having trouble locating the reference now.  Maybe
this is a feature of the switch slave rather than of the master?

Regards,
Gavin Lambert