[etherlab-users] Emergency messages

Bilko AS, Oguz Dilmac odilmac at bilko-automation.com
Fri Feb 27 18:06:52 CET 2015

Hi,

I noticed in version 1.5.2, there are some new functions to access the
emergency messages.
I'm trying to use them but I didnt succeed yet. I think I miss some
important point.
Can anyone send some example usage?

Here is what I did:
1. Before realtime operation, first I configure the slave with
ecrt_master_slave_config(), then I use ecrt_slave_config_emerg_size() to
initialise a buffer. I pass 8 for the length of the buffer.
2. During realtime, I keep calling ecrt_slave_config_emerg_pop() in
every 5 ms to see if there is an emergency message.
ecrt_slave_config_emerg_pop() never returns 0.

To generate an emergency message I remove the 24V from the STO input of
an AKD drive. I can see F602 (safe torque off) on the display of the drive.
Even if remove and re apply the power to the drive, there is no
emergency message.
I can't see anything in debug messages either.

Other than not having an emergency message, I can control the drive in
DC mode without a problem.

What could be wrong?

Best regards,
Oguz

--
Oguz Dilmac
ARGE Bolumu

Bilko AS, R&D Department
Perpa Ticaret Merkezi B Blok Kat 13 Nr. 2568
TR-34384 Okmeydani Istanbul Turkey
Tel : +90 212 220 07 40  Fax :   +90 212 210 47 01
e-mail : odilmac at bilko-automation.com
web site : http://www.bilko-automation.com