[etherlab-users] SKIPPED datagram using Igh EtherCAT master porting for Linux OS on CyconeV SoC

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Tue Feb 17 02:08:52 CET 2015

Are you using the generic ethernet driver or one of the provided EtherCAT-enabled drivers?  What HZ is your kernel using?

On standard x86 hardware, you’re unlikely to get much better than 4 ms cycle rates even on Linux+PREEMPT_RT if you’re using the generic driver.  Since you’re using more cut-down hardware, it wouldn’t surprise me if this were more limited.