[etherlab-users] Etherlab installation issue [ubuntu 14]

John Hubbard jhubbard at noao.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:23:41 CET 2015

On 11/18/2015 11:19 PM, Tommaso wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I'm a student interested in programming with etherlab but I've
> encountered some problems during the installation.
>
> Could you give me a detailed guide in order to install all the
> elements in boundle 2.1 with Ubuntu 14?
>
> Thank you for your help.

I just recently installed on an Ubuntu 14.04 system running the 3.16
kernel.  I've attached some notes from my installation.  I largely
followed the instructions from the pdf documentation.  For me the major
key was disabling the realtek driver during the configure step.  For my
system (non-real time) the generic driver seems to work fine.  Hope this
helps.

p.s.
Including the error message(s) that you got from your install will
generally allow the community to better assist you.

--
-john

                 2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
         0b11000100 || !0b11000100
         0b11000100 ||  0b00111011
                0b11111111
255, that is the answer.