[etherlab-users] puzzle about check slave configuration

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Sun Nov 22 23:14:46 CET 2015

The ecrt_master_slave_config* family of functions are for defining what you
are expecting to see on the network.  You only get errors if you define
something inconsistent with itself ¨C eg. if you say that device 0:5 has two
different product ids.  You do not get any errors at this point if you
specify something that is different from what is actually on the network.
(There are some scenarios, eg. hotplugging, where you want to define
configurations for devices that aren¡¯t currently on the network.)

To verify whether the network actually contains the slaves you¡¯re
expecting, you either need to use the ecrt_master_get_slave function to read
the current network structure, or periodically check ecrt_slave_config_state
to see if the config has been attached to a network device successfully
(this may not happen instantly).