[etherlab-users] EoE with MTU 1500 Octets

Geller, Nir nir.geller at servotronix.com
Sun Aug 14 14:26:13 CEST 2016

Hi,

We were experiencing problems due to a faulty ethercat slave. Once we had that fixed EoE seems to be working properly with MTU of 1500 bytes.

One issue that can be mended in ethernet.c , ec_eoe_state_rx_fetch:

In our case the faulty slave sent in the first fragment buffer size = 0, which led to invoke of dev_alloc_skb with 0 - which caused the kernel to crash.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Nir.