[etherlab-users] Beckhoff Terminal EL3356 possibly has a timing issue?

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister hm at igh.de
Tue Nov 8 16:45:56 CET 2016

Hallo,

we observe with the Ethercat terminal EL3356 a timing issue and would
like to know if other users of the EtherLab EtherCat-Master experience
this as well:

The ethercat master writes the configuration SDO's before the transition
from PREOP to SAFEOP. We observe that if the transition to SAFEOP
happens to quick (<100ms) after writing the SDO's the process data from
the terminal is "wrong" or the terminal does not switch to OP.

It "feels" like the terminal is not ready with configuration after
SDO-writing and the request to switch to SAFEOP comes to early.

Has anybody else similar experiences (maybe also with other masters)?

With kind regards

Wilhelm Hagemeister.