[etherlab-users] Etherlab and UDP

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Thu Oct 27 00:53:53 CEST 2016

On 27 October 2016 01:09, quoth Lucas Spreiter:
> But when I try to run the executable on my linux system I always get the
error
> "could not open library: libmwnetworkdevice.so". I already copied the
> libmwnetworkdevice.so to /lib and used ldconfig, so that linux finds the
library
> now, but still the error occurs.
>
> Can someone help me to fix this error or suggest another way for the
> communication of the agents?

This isn't really an Etherlab question, but rather one for Linux libraries
in general, or perhaps for Simulink.

Use ldd on your executable to see a list of shared libraries that it depends
on, where it's expecting to find them, and which ones were found vs.
missing.

And note that the .so file by itself is not sufficient; typically there are
several versioned symlinks that are what the application actually links to,
and must be provided as well.

I'm not familiar with Simulink myself, but there should be some specific
runtime deployment instructions for it that tell you how to install the
libraries properly.