[etherlab-users] experience with CU1128 | EtherCAT junction
Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Wed Apr 19 00:51:28 CEST 2017
Never used them, but just had a quick look at the doco (just cos I was curious).
- It mentions the ability to Hot Connect any of the ports, but there's no configuration behind this, just the usual hardware support.
- It is detected as three ESC's (as that's what it has internally), each one being identified by a different RevisionNumber (but same product code)
- Primary ESC 1: ProductCode="#x04685432" RevisionNo="#x00010000"
- Sub ESC 2: ProductCode="#x04685432" RevisionNo="#x00010001"
- Sub ESC 3: ProductCode="#x04685432" RevisionNo="#x00010002"
- It can be used as a distributed clock reference clock
- There's no PDO or CoE data / configuration
So I would expect you just need to set up three slaves as above, then the master can report on the status of their ports (via reg information).
One thing to note is that TwinCat knows that the sub ESC's are sub devices but I don't think the EtherLab master supports this, so you may need to place Sub ESC 2 and Sub ESC 3 further down your list of slaves. (i.e. Sub ESC 2 after the devices connected to port 3, and Sub ESC 3 after the devices connected to port 5.) See page 12 for a diagram on how the ports relates to the the three ESC's.
From: etherlab-users [mailto:etherlab-users-bounces at etherlab.org] On Behalf Of Matthieu Bec
Sent: Wednesday, 19 April 2017 6:55 a.m.
To: etherlab-users at etherlab.org
Subject: [etherlab-users] experience with CU1128 | EtherCAT junction
Has anyone had experience using a "CU1128 | EtherCAT junction" from Beckhoff (*) with the etherlab master?
It seemingly looks like a dumb device, but the documentation hints at particular steps to set it up with TwinCAT:
With the CU1128, special attention should be paid to the sequence of the EtherCAT slaves. Since the CU1128 has 7 junction ports, drop lines connected to ports must and can be clearly identified in practice. If incorrect information is provided in the configuration (TwinCAT System Manager file *.tsm), the system cannot start.
etherlab-users mailing list
etherlab-users at etherlab.org
More information about the Etherlab-users