[etherlab-users] ETHERCAT Bus Coupler Question

Mike O'Connor mike at oeg.com.au
Wed Jan 10 02:36:57 CET 2018

On 10/01/2018 10:01 AM, Sebastien BLANCHET wrote:
> Hi Ajith,
>
> Kollmorgen and Beckhoff are both very reliable suppliers, but Beckhoff
> I/O ELxxx may be preferable because they are currently supported by
> LinuxCNC  http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EtherCatDriver
>
> (I do not know LinuxCNC, it is just an information I have found on
> their wiki)
>
> Additionally, Beckhoff have exclusive innovating products what may
> interest you when moving from the pilot to the massive production
> https://beckhoff.com/english.asp?ethercat/ejxxxx.htm
>
> If your local Beckhoff contact is not seasoned yet, you may try to
> contact directly the Beckhoff headquarters in Germany and use the
> local guy only for the purchasing process.
>
> Note: always reply to the etherlab-user mailing list, so that the
> mails are archived and may help other people.
>
> best regards,

Hi Ajith

LinuxCNC support of Ethercat does require programming but once done is a
very good option. Beckhoff gear is amazing (but pricey)

Leadshine is now selling a Ethercat Stepper driver which have 5 inputs
and 2 output and will drive a max of 7 amps, this is a really good
option for a CNC router and the price will be much better than
Kollmorgen or Beckhoff.

This might mean you do not even need a extra IO.

Beckhoff do a Stepper driver module which is also an option.

Cheers

Mike