[etherlab-users] Please help newbie to etherlab with setting PDOs

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen stephen at missouri.edu
Fri Mar 16 21:21:11 CET 2018

I am trying out etherlab to connect my computer to a Parker Hannifin motor controller - you can read about it here: http://www.parker.com/Literature/Electromechanical%20North%20America/CATALOGS-BROCHURES/PSeries/PSeries_UG_EtherCAT_A.pdf

I am trying to tell it to use a certain PDO, which on page 68 of the manual is called 1st PDO mapping.  I use the ecrt_slave_config_pdos function to tell it what PDO to use.  But whenever I run the program, and ask it to print out the PDO using ecrt_master_get_pdo and ecrt_master_get_pdo_entry, I get output that tells me it is using the 2nd PDO mapping (see below).  I feel like I am missing something.  Is there a good sample program that shows me how to set up something like this that I can copy?

(I have used EC-Master from Acontis, and I was able operate the controller using their software.  But I want to find an open source solution.)

Output of my program:

Output PDO 0x1601 with 4 entries:
  PDO entry 0: 0x6040 0 16
  PDO entry 1: 0x607a 0 32