[etherlab-users] PDO writing problem at 1ms

Sebastien Blanchet blanchet at iram.fr
Thu Feb 6 10:24:47 CET 2020

Hi,

I do not have Elmo servo drives, but I have Kollmorgen AKD servo drives running
with official IgH EtherLab EtherCAT master on Linux kernel 3.14 PREEMPT-RT
My control loop runs at 500Hz (but I have tested that it works also at 1 KHz)

I have noticed that in the DS402 state machine, the status word does not change
immediately when you send a new control word. Therefore, I have to check the
status word before sending a new control word.
It makes the control loop slightly more complex, but it works.

See my example for AKD servo drive in attachment

Regards
--
Sebastien BLANCHET