[Etherlab-users] Running a large number of slaves

Geller, Nir nir.geller at servotronix.com
Mon Mar 29 13:22:00 CEST 2021

Hi There,

I'm trying to setup one ethercat master with a very large number of ethercat slaves.

The first obstacle I'm thinking about is a very large amount of data sent over PDO each cycle, that will definitely exceed 1500 bytes.
In order to address this issue I want to understand if it is possible to send more than one frame each cycle?
Another method could be using jumbo frames. Does the ethercat master support that?

Does anybody have practical experience with such a setup?

Thanks,

Nir.