[etherlab-users] cycle frequency and unmatched datagrams

Andreas Stewering-Bone Andreas.Stewering-Bone at gmx.de
Mon Apr 19 21:53:33 CEST 2010

Hello Juri,

Please note, the user space example is only a user space example. Let me
explain. you have no realtime deterministic on a rtai system for an user
space example. The programm is schedulded by the normal linux system. A
normal debian kernel has a cycle freuency of 1000 Hz. If your process freq is
equal or higher you will get problems.

For RTAI examples, please have a look at the rtai kernel example.

If you use a rt-preempt kernel, you will get a proper system behavior for the
userspace example.

Greatings

Andreas