[etherlab-users] Generic slave (unknown device) configuration

Mladen Knezic mladen_knezic at etfbl.net
Wed Feb 17 00:21:55 CET 2010

> The xml itself seems to be good. Could you please tell us, which master
> version you are using?
>
> What is the exact Simulink error message when trying to read the xml?

Hi Florian,

I'm using the latest EtherCAT version found in etherlab.org/download section
(ethercat-devel-r1284).

Screenshot that shows error message in Simulink is attached as well as output
of EtherCATInfo() function in Matlab.

I also found some differences between actual xml file generated (that I sent
in previous post) and the output of 'ethercat xml' command (attached as .txt
file) in which the famous 'Invalid bit length 2' messages appear on lines 111
and 119 (this is also shown when 'ethercat xml -p0 >>
FB1111_EtherCATInfo.xml' command is used).

One more question: Why, for example, already included block device's xml file
(such as EL1004) cannot be included in generic device block? Is there some
kind of code that prevent this or is it something else (this try results in
xml file being ignored by generic block)?

Mladen Knezic
Teaching Assistant
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina