[etherlab-users] How to access Beckhoff Serialport module EL6002 PDO content such as Transmit request

Jason Xu jason at motiondesign.co.nz
Thu May 13 07:41:51 CEST 2010

Hi:

I've got a Beckhoff Serialport module EL6002, and want to use it under CoE
protocol with 1000hz scan rate in RTAI platform (Master:
ethercat-1.4.0-rc3).

I have read documents come with the master package and RTAI examples (in
c/c++ code, but there is no usage example of serial port).

I want to access some PDO data such as "Init request", "Transmit request",
"Input length" etc to do serial port initialization, reading and sending.

Should I use "ecrt_slave_config_reg_pdo_entry( ) " to get some offset and be
able to access those PDO contents? Should this function be called before " *
ecrt_domain_data( ) " or after. How to config the Baudrate, Parity, etc?

I need some directions on this.  Any c code example will be great.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jason Xu
Motion Design Ltd