[etherlab-users] Build error in RTW: implicit declaration of function 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Alex C. Marton martonalex at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 17:39:36 CET 2010

Hi!
First I want to say that I have already searched your mailing list for threads
on my issue, but I did not find any.
I am using etherlab 1.2-rc10 on linux kernel 2.6. I tried building a simple
Simulink model from scratch like you instructed in the guide of Etherlab, here:
http://etherlab.org/download/etherlab/etherlab-1.2.pdf
I put in an EK1100 EtherCAT coupler block, an EL4132-AO block and a sine-wave
into that (the EL4132). Nothing special here (exactly the same model as the
right lower part of your standard "example.mdl" model that you show to users). I
did the necessary configurations for the simulation and I clicked Ctrl+B.
It started to build the RTW model and after countless compilation and build
messages (nothing unusual, no warnings, no errors), at the end it says:

test1.c: In function 'test1_output':
test1.c:72: error: implicit declaration of function 'rtmIsMajorTimeStep'
gmake: *** [test1.o] Error 1
Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'test1' aborted due to an error.

Why is it doing that? How do I fix this error because I know I am not doing
anything wrong. The standard "example.mdl" model gives me the same exact build
output message when I try to build it.

Thank you for your time and patience!
Alex Marton