[etherlab-users] Safety over EtherCAT

Armin Steinhoff armin at steinhoff.de
Sun Aug 21 16:45:35 CEST 2011

Newell Jensen wrote:
> Armin,
>
> From what I have found, OpenSafety doesn't work with EtherCAT

You mean openSAFETY isn't  implemented for EtherCAT?  openSAFETY can be
implemented for every ETHERNET based protocols.
So you have the choice to implement the safety standard defined by the
EtherCAT standard or the real open and fieldbus independent openSAFETY
standard.
I would go with the last one.

--Armin