[etherlab-users] Safety over EtherCAT

Newell Jensen pillar2012 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 01:51:59 CEST 2011

Andreas,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I guess the part I was confused on is how to
properly do the PDO mapping in my application.  For a non-safety slave setup
I know I tell the EtherCAT master what the PDO configuration of the slaves
are.  However, for a safety slave setup I was unsure of how to tell the
EtherCAT master how to copy the safety slave PDOs to the safety master PDOs
and vice versa.  I would have to do this in a cyclic task right?  That is,
once I configure the PDOs, on each cyclic task I would have to read the PDOs
from the slaves and write them to the PDOs of the master and vice versa?

Thanks!

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Andreas Stewering-Bone <ab at igh-essen.com>wrote:

> **
> Hello,
>
> As I said, there is no specific code,
>
> You have to
> - configure the safety components via TwinCAT (certified software)
> - configure the PDO mapping (Slave to Slave communication) in your
> application.
>
> That is all.
>
> Best regards
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 19.08.2011 00:12, schrieb Newell Jensen:
>
>  Anyone here from IgH that could let us know where this code is?
>
>  Thanks!
>

>>     Newell Jensen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>  We are currently trying to get Safety over EtherCAT working with the
>>> Linux EtherCAT Master but haven't figured it out yet.  When I look through
>>> the sources I don't see any code for Safety over EtherCAT yet it seems that
>>> others have gotten Safety over EtherCAT to work as this thread in the
>>> archives states:
>>>
>>>  http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2011/001285.html
>>>
>>>  Where does this code exist?  Is it in the repositories?

> Mit freundlichem Gruß
>
> Andreas Stewering-Bone
>
> --
>
> Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Stewering-Boneandreas.stewering-bone at igh-essen.com
> Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-15
>
> Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
> Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
> Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34
> D-45356 Essen
> Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
> USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722