[etherlab-users] Lack of Understanding: PDO Configuration

Viktor Rees viktor.rees at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 18:02:32 CET 2011

Hallo,

Question: When is PDO configuration necessary?

In the mini.c examples for each slave the function ecrt_slave_config_pdos()
is called. I am not sure in which cases this is really needed.

Using  'ethercat cstruct' all the necessary information is displayed. So the
slaves themselves know their PDO configuration already. Therefore i suppose
that PDO configuration is not needed in most cases. Is that right?

For my understanding, can you please tell when an explicit configuration is
needed?

Thanks

Viktor