[etherlab-users] Referring the addresses in the Ecrt functions

Newell Jensen pillar2012 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:35:50 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:07 AM, peak peak <peakpeak05 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying with EL9800 board with digital I/O.
>
> 1. - When declaring domain for using the digital output portion of the
> evaluation board, I used:
> const static ec_pdo_entry_reg_t domain1_regs[] = {
>     {EL9800SlavePos, Beckhoff_EL9800, 0x0f00, 0x01, &off_dig_out},
>     {}
> };
>
> I don't know if I declared the address 0x0f00 and 0x01 in a right way or
> not. Can you tell me how to refer such the addresses? We should always
> infer them from the xml file?

Yes, you get this information from the xml file or from running the
command-line tool 'ethercat cstruct' which will also give you the address
information that you can put in here.

> 2. - When I input the command
> ethercat config
> I got no return information. Is it normal or I didn't properly install the
> ethercat master  ? Though the Slave and PDOs commands are informative.

This command only gives back information when the master is actually running
and exchanging PDOs with the slaves IIRC.

HTH,

> Thank you and best regards,

Newell