[etherlab-users] How to install and use Etherlab for a Xenomaitarget

Graeme Foot GraemeF at touchcut.com
Thu May 16 01:11:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a user space application connecting to the Etherlab master via
RTDM, but using RTAI.  In theory xenomai should be pretty similar.

If you are using the latest 1.5.2 Etherlab master you won't need a
patch.  The patch was to give partial RTDM support before it was fully
supported.

To get RTDM working you will need to specify the correct flags when
compiling the master:

  --with-xenomai-dir=<xenomai directory>

  --enable-rtdm

All going well you should get a library: /usr/lib/libethercat_rtdm.so

When compiling your application link to the library using:
-lethercat_rtdm

With RTAI you can check your application is using RTDM by calling 'cat
/proc/rtai/scheduler'.  The syscalls value should remain zero.

Regards,

Graeme Foot.