[etherlab-users] Looking for Slave firmware update example

Graeme Foot Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com
Tue Nov 5 23:17:08 CET 2013

Hi,

I want to update the firmware on an EtherCAT slave (an EL6021 module).  I'm using the latest 1.5.2 master.

I take it that I need to use the "ethercat foe_write" command but I haven't been able to find what "output-file" name I should be using.  Should it be the name of the .efw file (or not used so it automatically picks up the name of the .efw file)?

Is this general procedure correct? :
- ethercat states -p1 INIT
- ethercat states -p1 BOOT
--> check current state is BOOT
- ethercat foe_write -p1 /tmp/EL6021_FW06.efw
- ethercat states -p1 INIT
- ethercat states -p1 OP
--> repower the slave and check new firmware is active

Thanks,
Graeme Foot