[etherlab-users] Simulink compile error using Beckhoff EtherLab library blocks

Ralph Oosterveld r.n.oosterveld at student.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 1 16:54:24 CEST 2014

hello,

I want to control a Beckhoff EL2008 module using the EtherLab library in
Simulink. For this I am running MATLAB R2013b and EtherLab 2.1.0 on a Linux
Mint Debian 64bit (201403) operating system. By using the terminal I can
run the EtherCAT 1.5.2 protocol and I can see which modules are connected.
Now I want to make a Simulink model using the Beckhoff blocks from the
EtherLab library. When I have one Beckhoff digital output block in my
Simulink model, I get the following error message during compiling.

Block error:

Error reported by S-function 'ec_slave3' in 'test_program1/EL2xxx_0':
> Variable context: PORT_CONFIG.output(1).pdo_data_type
> Unknown data type

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,
*Ralph Oosterveld*