[etherlab-users] Using EtherLab to to collect force sensor data

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister hm at igh.de
Tue Jan 24 08:20:23 CET 2017

Hallo Justin,

indeed you need an application. The EtherCAT-Master is more or less like
a Ethernet driver which gives you the ability to access the network
stack but has no application functionality (my apologies to the
programmers of EtherCAT and Ethernet for simplification here). Look at
the examples which come with the EtherCAT Master.

> I'm still confused about the EtherLab software components and was hoping
> someone could help guide me. If I just want to stream the data to the PC
> and maybe visualize it using the terminal, do I need any of the software
> components beyond EtherCAT Master?

Regards Wilhelm.