[etherlab-users] "Slave does not support CoE!" An error occurs.

tykwon tykwon at m2i.co.kr
Fri Jun 2 08:06:32 CEST 2017

Hi. all

I am using ODROID-C1.

The EtherCAT Slave uses the EVB-LAN9252-ADD-ON(Microchip LAN9252) board.

I am testing the EtherCAT Master with a program using the user library.

I am testing
http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/attachments/20120413/b83b
76d4/attachment.c  to test it.

The source of my created ec_user_example is the attachment ec_user_kty.c.

The ESI currently used by the EtherCAT Slave is an attachment kty.xml.

When I run ec_user_example compiled, I get the following error.

/**************************************************************/

           EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Downloading SDO 0x1C12:00.

           EtherCAT DEBUG: 00

           EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: Slave does not support CoE!

           EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: SDO configuration failed.

/**************************************************************/

How do I fix this error?

Actually, my ESI file has nothing to do with CoE.

Is the use of CoE essential?

Since I am EtherCAT Newbi I do not know what is wrong.

I am not sure if my program is wrong or ESI is wrong.

Could you please help me solve this problem?

The attachment slaves.txt is the result of the "ethercat slaves" command.

Attachment ec_user_example_output.txt is the result of running my
ec_user_example.

Attached file demsg.txt is my kernel message.(ethercat debug 1)

Best regards,
Kwon